Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There Could Never Be a More Beautiful You!!

I had always heard this song on the radio and would sing along every time, but only recently did I find the artist and his music video - and shall I say, it was love at first sight.  This video really connected the lyrics to my life and the rat race we call humanity:



As you watch the video, it is much like the Dove Evolution and Beauty Is a Product of Photoshop videos.  These videos show already-beautiful girls being transformed into super models - the world's standard of beauty.  However, this beauty is a false ideal, one that stems from computers and editing.  Yet, girls and guys alike look at these images and find themselves unattractive and undesirable, unable to reach the high standards placed on us by Hollywood.  I find myself disgusted by what is in the mirror some days, as we all do at some point.  Yet I look around me and find something beautiful in EVERY person, whether is is in their pretty face, athletic build, or warm heart.  You see, beauty radiates from the inside.  Having a cold heart and rude attitude takes away from whatever physical beauty a person may hold; likewise, a warm heart and friendly personality makes any person more beautiful both physically and inwardly.  

Let me walk you through the process I needed to experience to appreciate who I am EXACTLY AS GOD MADE ME.  Didn't God tell us that we were made in his image, that He made us exactly who we are and loves us for it?  Put aside all your thoughts of pleasing the world for a moment.  Peter says in 1 Peter 3:3-4:
"Do not be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.  You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."
GOD made us who we are, and He loves us exactly the way He made us!  Guys and gals - HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!  You were not God's mistake, his broken toy on the assembly line.  You are unique and perfectly formed.  And you know what?  He made someone JUST FOR YOU, someone who will consider you the most gorgeous or most handsome person in the world.  

The first step in appreciating your beauty is UNDERSTANDING that God CREATED you!  You are His masterpiece, His one-of-a-kind YOU.  Take a look at some of these verses, and explore more.  Once you have learned that you were created in God's image (which is perfect!) you can begin the healing process, step by step, of loving who you are. 

*Psalm 139:13-18
* Genesis 1:27
*Proverbs 31:30


 I will continue posting each step of the way, and if you EVER need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate to contact me or any of the other writers on the blog!  If you have friends who struggle with self image, please pass this blog along. I will continue posting both to help you AND myself in the process of loving who you are.  God Bless!

In Christ Always,
Hilary

No comments: